- Self-control in the car is where the hike begins
- Trail etiquette – multi use trails, what are you responsible for?
- The Back Country is not a dog park, how to change what your doing
- Working on specific behaviors all dog/owner teams should have before stepping out onto a trail. Directionals, recalls in the great outdoors, off trail stays, between, trail fetch, behind, trail passing, and more!
- Creating a hiking partner – how far is too far? Working on space
- Right of Ways
- Trail choice – knowing you and your dog’s ability
- Seasonal, dry, wet, high, low hiking – benefits, considerations? You bet!
- Wilderness first aid tips – prevention
- Gear, clothing, what to bring in your day pack for you and your dog
- Paw Care – staying mobile
- Hiking Solo with your dog – tips
- Trapping and hunting considerations
- Taking photos … it’s a must!
- … and more!
Presentation by: Nancy Tanner
Copyright © 2012, Tawzer Dog LLC
Nancy Tanner, CPDT-KA, is an internationally known trainer and the owner of Paws & People, LLC in Bozeman Montana. She takes an integrative approach to training, working with the whole dog. She designs programs to work with the social, emotional, physical and nutritional well being of each dog, whether people are training for competition or just wanting a balanced family pet.
This video qualifies for 6 trainer CEUs