This is DAY TWO of the SIRIUS® Four Day Academy in Chicago.
Dr. Dunbar covers the following topics of behavior counseling:
- Client Compliance
- Setting Deadlines
- Evaluation (quantification) and Improvement
- Learning by 'ology or by Problem
- Education Solution-based rather than Classification
- Behavior Problem Solving Matrix
- What's Common and What's Not?
- History Taking ' cut to the chase
- Objective Quantification of Observed Behavior vs. Subjective Interpretation of Etiology (Supposed Motives, Intentions and Feelings)
- Objectively Assess Severity (danger) of Aggression
- Wound Pathology and Bite:Fight Ratio
Presentation by: Ian Dunbar
Copyright © 2011, Tawzer Dog LLC
Dr. Ian Dunbar is a veterinarian, animal behaviorist, dog trainer, and writer. He received his veterinary degree and a Special Honors degree in Physiology & Biochemistry from the Royal Veterinary College (London University) and a doctorate in animal behavior from the Psychology Department at the University of California in Berkeley, where he spent ten years researching the development of hierarchical social behavior and aggression in domestic dogs. For seven years Dr. Dunbar ran a behavior clinic specifically for biting and fighting dogs.
Dr. Dunbar is a member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, the California Veterinary Medical Association, the Sierra Veterinary Medical Association, the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior, and the Association of Pet Dog Trainers (which he founded).
Over the past 30 years, Dr. Dunbar has given over 750 one-day seminars and workshops for dog trainers and veterinarians in an effort to popularize off-leash puppy training classes (which he pioneered), temperament modification, and owner-friendly and dog-friendly dog training. Dr. Dunbar books, videos, and AKC Gazette "Behavior" column (which he created), have won numerous awards. Dr. Dunbar is currently Director of the Center for Applied Animal Behavior in Berkeley, California, where he lives with Kelly, Claude, Ollie, and Mittens.
This video qualifies for 6 trainer CEUs