Pattern Games: Clicking for Confidence and Connection
Presented by: Leslie McDevitt, MLS, CPDT-KA, CDBC
This DVD will introduce you to Pattern Games, a simple set of exercises that provides a predictable and secure structure for dogs in order to help them normalize potential "triggers" in their environment. These games set the dogs up to make good behavioral choices, the end result being to teach them to focus and work off lead comfortably around things that bother or excite them without reacting.
- Love it Review by Martie
- I am liking what I am seeing and now I want more of her stuff. (Posted on 11/17/14)
- Didn't meet expectations Review by Cole
- I was excited to get this DVD after reading the reviews and the information on Pattern Games but I found the video to be uninspired, unprepared and I thought there were other better videos on this similar subject which is basically focus work. I think her information was good but needed a lot of polish to make it viewer friendly. (Posted on 4/30/14)
- Excellent Review by Helaine
Very hands on. Filmed well.
Games are excellent rule structures to use with reactive dogs (Posted on 10/31/13)
- Simple and Effective Review by Ramachandran
I already own the Control Unleashed book by McDevitt and purchased this DVD as an addendum to the book.
This DVD gives short , simple but effective pattern games to play with your dog to increase their confidence around new stimuli.
I have 3 dogs that I train for obedience and 2 of them perform so well even in crowded areas with lots of distractions, but they tend to "loose it" when they are in the ring with dozens of other dogs.
I hope to use these techniques to improve their focus and performance.
I will give it a score of 95/100.
I have great respect for Ms.McDevitt. She is the one responsible for making me realize how stupid it is to punish a dog or get angry at it. In an act of random kindness, she sent me a free copy of her book all the way to India .
(Posted on 5/28/13)
|Type||DVD universal format|
|Run Time||1 hr 30 mins|
|Publisher||Tawzer Dog LLC|
|Copyright||© 2011, Tawzer Dog LLC|
|About The Presenter (BIO)||Leslie McDevitt, MLA, CDBC, CPDT is a dog behavior consultant, author and speaker based in Pennsylvania. She has received international acclaim for her groundbreaking book Control Unleashed: Creating a Focused and Confident Dog, which has been translated into several languages. Leslie specializes in using positive reinforcement-based behavior modification techniques to alleviate stress and anxiety in working, performance and companion dogs so that they can function at a high level in challenging environments with ease.|